We provide advanced wound and ostomy care as a multispecialty effort that includes treating infections and assuring that underlying disease is well controlled.
Our physician panel includes specialists in infectious disease, plastic surgery, orthopedic surgery, vascular surgery and podiatry, teaming with certified wound and ostomy nurses. We treat patients in inpatient settings, and outpatient settings in collaboration with home health care.
Who can Use Wound Care?
Ideal candidates are patients with:
- Diabetic neuropathic ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Arterial disease skin changes
- Infected wounds
- Surgical wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Atypical wounds
- Any chronic or acute wound unhealed after conventional treatment
Advanced Modalities Include:
- Wound VAC (vacuum-assisted closure)
- Advanced topical dressings
- Biologic products such as artificial skin, fibroblasts or tissue
- Skin graft, wound flap, revascularization or other surgery
- Fitting for compression stockings, diabetic footwear, orthopedic devices and other equipment
The Ostomy Program
We bring a comprehensive disease-management approach to the full range of ostomy care, including:
- New and established ostomies
- Peristomal skin erosion
- Pouching issues
- Preoperative marking for optimal patient management