The Hospice Care Team
Members of the EvergreenHealth Hospice Care team have one goal - to bring compassionate care and comfort to those facing a life-limiting illness.
They each have special expertise in the management of physical, emotional and spiritual needs that arise during end-of-life care.
The Hospice Care team includes:
- Medical directors consult with the patients’ primary physician
- Registered nurses provide medical comfort care
- Social workers provide counseling and access to resources
- Certified nursing assistants offer personal care
- Pharmacists consult on medication management
- Trained volunteers offer companionship for patients and respite for loved ones
- Chaplains provide spiritual support
- Bereavement services for 13 months following the loss of a loved one See bereavement programs