Recovery from Spine Surgery
Spine surgery patients recuperate in the EvergreenHealth Spine Institute's specially designed unit in EvergreenHealth Medical Center's Silver Tower.
The unit provides the same family-centered care that has long been EvergreenHealth's hallmark with maternity patients.
- There are no "visiting hours" - your visitors are always welcome
- Our spacious patient rooms comfortably accommodate guests
- Free Wi-Fi is available
- A nutrition center provides snacks and juice for patients, coffee for guests
- Free parking is available in any of our garages; the Silver garage provides direct access to the unit
Our Patient Rooms
Each private patient room includes:
- A day bed for an overnight guest
- Additional seating for visitors
- Ample storage for patient and family belongings
- An entertainment center
- A large, private bathroom that is fully accessible
- Showers that easily accommodate wheelchairs
- A lift system to help patients move safely from their beds
- Exam room-quality lighting above the bed
- Hallway windows that allow nurses to monitor patients without disrupting them
- Our "pass through" system that enables housekeeping and pharmacy to stock rooms without having to enter them
Services on the Unit
Everything you need to begin your recovery from spine surgery is conveniently located on the unit, including:
- Physical therapy
- Nutrition therapy
- Social services
- Case management
Throughout your stay, your registered nurse is always just a call button away.
Our nurses carry wireless phones instead of pagers, so they are able to respond more quickly.
Your surgeon is also able to contact your nurse directly via the wireless phone, resulting in more timely communication between your care team.
Our focus is absolute patient safety, so we use bedside medication bar-coding to ensure that you receive the right dosage of the right medication at the right time.
Learn more about medication bar-coding