Pulmonary Function Testing
Pulmonary Function Testing (COPD Bundle) – Existing Patients
This is a thorough evaluation of the respiratory system.
The test is performed in our lab where we measure how fast and deep you can inhale and exhale as well as provide other important measurements that your doctor will use in your care.
The test takes 90 minutes.
Special Preparations (day of test)
- Arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment
- Bring your insurance card and any physician orders
- Avoid eating a large meal within 2 hours prior to testing
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable shoes
- Continue to take all of your respiratory medications as prescribed (unless otherwise instructed)
- 1 hour prior to testing: be sure to avoid rigorous exercise and smoking
- Do not consume alcohol within 4 hours of testing