Pre and Post Spirometry with Broncodilator
This test measures the volume and speed of air you can move through your lungs.
During the test, you will inhale albuterol, followed by more spirometry.
The test is performed in our lab or exam room where we mean how fast and deep you can inhale and exhale, information your doctor will use in your care.
The test takes 30 minutes.
Special Preparations (day of test)
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment
- Bring your insurance card and any physician orders
- Avoid eating a large meal within 2 hours prior to testing
- Wear comfortable loose clothing
- 4-6 hours prior to testing, please try to avoid using any rescue medications, including nebulized or inhaled Albuterol, Ventolin, Proventil, ProAir, Maxair, Alupent & Xopenex as you may receive one during the test.
- 1 hour prior to testing: avoid rigorous exercise and smoking
- Do not consume alcohol within 4 hours of testing