Patient Information & Directory
Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), you can choose whether to be listed in the hospital's patient directory. What does that mean?
If you choose to be in the patient directory:
- If a person inquires about you by your name, hospital staff may give them your location and a one-word description of your condition.
- No other information may be released without your written consent.
If you choose not to be in the patient directory:
- Your name will not show up as a patient in the patient information system.
- Anyone who comes to the hospital or calls for you will be told that you are not a patient.
- Flowers and gifts will be returned to the sender.
- You should notify family and friends of your room number if you would like them to visit you; they will not be able to get that information at the Information Desk.
Looking for a patient's room or phone number?
Call the EvergreenHealth switchboard at (425) 899-1000.
What are the medical center's visiting hours?
Visitors are welcome at all times, except in certain restricted areas, and based on patient preferences.
If you come to the medical center, check at the information desks to get your patient's room numbers and directions.
Please do not visit patients if you are sick with a cold, flu or anything else that could be contagious.
EvergreenHealth is a latex-free facility to protect those with latex allergies. Please bring only non-latex items into the hospital. Mylar balloons and other latex-free items are available in our gift shops.
Want to send flowers or a gift to a patient?
Order through our online Gift Shop. We’ll make sure your gift is delivered to your patient.