What Should I Bring to the Hospital?
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing; be sure to dress warmly for the trip home, which will decrease your risk of surgical site infection.
- Do not wear make-up or lipstick.
- Leave all jewelry at home.
- For your safety, rings, jewelry and body piercings must be removed prior to surgery. If you cannot remove your rings, a jeweler can, and he should be able to size the ring to fit you properly.
- Bring crutches, walker or cane if you will be needing them.
- Overnight patients may want to bring their own toilet articles (hairbrush, comb, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste), a book or magazine, and personal items such as contact lenses, eyeglasses, hearing aids, dentures and prostheses.
- You will need to bring payment for your discharge medications. Please leave other money, credit cards, jewelry and valuables at home.
Should I bring medications?
Please bring a list of your current medications with you. We request that you only bring your inhaler and eye drops (if you are spending the night) with you.
Your physician may prescribe medication for you to take home after surgery. If you would like, you may have them filled at EvergreenHealth Medical Center retail pharmacy when you are discharged.