Patient Responsibilities at EvergreenHealth
As a patient or client, you have the responsibility to:
- Participate in decisions involving your care.
- Provide a complete and accurate medical history to the best of your knowledge, and provide information about current medications or treatments.
- Ask questions and seek clarification about your diagnosis, course of treatment or care plan.
- Provide information about complications or health symptoms.
- Follow the proposed course of treatment or care, recommendations and advice, upon which you and your provider have agreed.
- Be considerate of the rights of other patients and clients, care personnel and property.
- Provide accurate and timely information about sources of payment and your ability to meet financial obligations.
- Make it known whether you understand what is expected of you, and whether you are able and willing to comply.
- Parents and guardians may represent or assist a patient or client in fulfilling these rights and responsibilities.