Occupational therapy is skilled treatment that helps individuals achieve independence in all facets of their lives. It assists people in developing the "skills for the job of living" necessary for independent and satisfying lives.
Occupational therapists ask "Why does this person have difficulties managing his or her daily activities (or occupations)? What can we adapt to make it possible for him or her to manage better and how will this then impact his or her health and well-being?"
Services typically include:
- Customized treatment programs to improve one's ability to perform daily activities
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training
- Guidance to family members and caregivers
Some of the health conditions that benefit from occupational therapy include:
- Work-related injuries including lower back problems or repetitive stress injuries
- Limitations following a stroke or heart attack
- Arthritis, multiple sclerosis, or other serious chronic conditions
- Broken bones or other injuries from falls, sports injuries, or accidents
- Vision or cognitive problems that threaten the ability to drive
- Talk with your health care provider about a referral to EvergreenHealth Outpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Call us directly at 425.899.1960
Ask your provider to complete and sign our referral form.