EvergreenHealth Presents Nursing Excellence Awards to Recognize Exceptional Care
Kirkland, Wash. – EvergreenHealth recently recognized eight top-performing registered nurses with the organization’s Nursing Excellence Award, which honors dedicated nurses who provide superior patient care and surpass expectations for compassionate and exceptional service.
This year’s recipients were each honored within a distinctive category:
- Clinical Practice: Audrey Harvey, RN, Care Management
- Communication & Collaboration: Suzanne Fisk, RN, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Creativity & Innovations in Care: Mally Michaely, RN, Neuroscience Institute
- Inspiring & Motivating: Tereza Masturova, RN, Critical Care Unit
- Mentoring & Resource Person: Charisse Campos, RN, Family Maternity Center
- Patient & Family Advocate: Evelyn Sheets, RN, Progressive Care Unit
- Preceptor & Education: Debbi Grieser, RN, EvergreenHealth Nurse Navigator & Healthline
- Preceptor & Education: Sasha Hathaway, RN, Emergency Department
“We are honored to work alongside such an exceptional team of health care providers who inspire us with their dedication to providing exemplary care and service,” said Mary Shepler, RN, BSN, MA, NEA-BC, Senior Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer at EvergreenHealth. “The work these nurses do is immeasurable and we are so proud to recognize them for their compassion and commitment to enriching the health and well-being of every life we touch.”
The award honorees were recognized during National Nurses Week, led each year by the American Nurses Association (ANA). The theme of this year’s Nurses Week, “4 Million Reasons to Celebrate,” recognizes the four million registered nurses nationwide as the largest growing group of health care professionals in the U.S. who consistently exemplify high ethical standards and honesty, according to an annual Gallup poll.
EvergreenHealth’s recipients were chosen from a total of 75 nominations, from which a committee of nurses, nurse managers and nurse directors selected the final recipients. A ceremony was held at EvergreenHealth to celebrate their achievements.
Beyond the Nursing Excellence Awards, EvergreenHealth also recognizes outstanding nurse practitioners with quarterly DAISY Awards. DAISY Award recipients are nominated by patients, visitors and staff for going above and beyond in providing compassionate, expert care. To nominate an EvergreenHealth nurse, visit www.evergreenhealth.com/daisy-award-nomination.
Providing compassionate care is part of EvergreenHealth’s commitment to its community. The health system is also committed to growing alongside those it serves, and is keeping pace with the community’s growth by upgrading its facilities and infrastructure to ensure its ability to provide care in the safest environment. To learn more, visit www.evergreenhealth.com.