Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a noninvasive way to take pictures of the body using powerful magnets and radio waves instead of radiation.
EvergreenHealth is the first center on the Eastside to offer both the standard 1.5T (tesla) magnet and the faster, more powerful 3T MRI.
1.5T MRI (magnet strength of 1.5 tesla)
- Increased image quality
- Faster scanning time (20 minutes instead of 45 to 60 minutes)
- Increased patient comfort
3T MRI (magnet strength of 3 tesla)
- The latest magnetic technology advances
- The most powerful magnet strength available in a clinical setting
- Improved diagnostics for brain, heart and musculoskeletal issues
Wide Bore 3T MRI (magnet strength of 3 tesla)
- Large opening and faster scan times provide a more comfortable experience for patients with claustrophobia
- Can accommodate bariatric patients or patients with broad shoulders
- Internal entertainment package for patients to watch during the scan
Types of MRI Scans