EvergreenHealth Midwifery Care is pleased to offer you and your family the option of a midwife delivery for your baby.
This hospital-based midwifery service with 24/7 coverage offers high quality, low-intervention care, including birth experiences for women and their families in a safe and welcoming environment – the Family Maternity Center.
Call 425.899.4012 for an appointment
Many women choose to deliver with the help of midwives because of a desire for a unique, personalized, birthing experience.
EvergreenHealth Midwifery Care is proud to offer women this experience, as well as access to a full range of services available through EvergreenHealth.
Many women choose to partner with a midwife for their pregnancy and birth because they know that:
- Midwives are watchful guardians of normal birth and practice judicious use of medical interventions only when necessary. Learn more about midwives
- National research indicates that women who choose a nurse-midwife have lower rates of induction of labor, cesarean section, and perineal trauma, and higher rates of breastfeeding.
- Certified nurse-midwives can prescribe medications and order diagnostic procedures when appropriate and medically indicated.
- Prenatal appointments with midwives tend to be longer than those with physicians, and midwives tend to spend more time by a woman’s side in labor – supporting her and watching for any health concerns.
- Midwives provide access to a host of pain relief options in labor, including massage, relaxation, use of a tub, and epidural anesthesia if desired.
- EvergreenHealth midwives have access to obstetricians for collaboration and consultation when needed.
Meet a Midwife
This free 30-minute session will introduce you to the unique, personalized birthing experience offered by EvergreenHealth Midwifery Care.