Master Facilities Plan Overview
Our long-range master facilities plan is the outcome of nearly 18 months of planning.
It is designed to help ensure that:
- EvergreenHealth Medical Center is safe should a disaster occur
- our physical plant and facilities support are well-equipped to provide the safest environment for our patients and staff
- we can accommodate the rapid growth and increasing health care needs of our community
The master facility plan is based on what we know today, and while changing circumstances in the coming years may cause us to adjust the specifics and timing of the plan, this long-term plan is essential to support our vision and preserve our mission.
The 10-year plan charts a course through, and perhaps beyond, 2026.
Phase One (2017 – 2018)
Accomplished so far:
- Build-out of the 4th and 5th floors in DeYoung Pavilion to create the EvergreenHealth Neuroscience, Spine and Orthopedic Institute. Musculoskeletal and Orthopedic practices moved into the institute, forming one integrated center of excellence. The move also opened additional surgical capacity in EvergreenHealth Surgery Care Tan.
- A new 31-bed Progressive Care Unit on 5-Silver
- A new 31-bed Medical Surgical Unit on 4-Silver
- A new Kenmore facility offering primary and urgent care, lab, imaging, 3D mammography and physical therapy
- A new Mill Creek facility offering primary and urgent care, lab and imaging
Still in progress:
- Plant upgrades (air handlers and utility redundancy technology, etc.) to support the additional capacity created by these additional spaces.
- Expanded Cath Lab/Interventional Radiology
- Expansion of the Canyon Park primary care practice
Phase Two - EverHealthy (2019 – 2020)
The medical center's Green, Purple and Red zones are part of the original hospital built in 1972.
Phase Two will allow us to update the infrastructure using modern advances designed to withstand the seismic conditions and activity possible within the region we live, allowing us to serve our community in the safest possible environment.
- Seismic Upgrades: Core areas of the original 1972 hospital building and parking structures will be retrofit to make EvergreenHealth even more earthquake-ready.
- New Critical Care Unit: Currently located in the hospital's oldest building, the CCU will move to a brand new unit in the Silver tower, with the ability to provide lifesaving care for more patients.
- Updated Family Maternity Center: Our nationally recognized birth center will be modernized and areas for expectant moms on bed-rest will be expanded.
- Facility Upgrades: As the community grows, we need the ability to add new space to accommodate expanded outpatient care.
- Technology Advancements: To help us provide the safest and best care as our community grows.
Phases Three, Four and Five
Phases Three (2020-2022), Four (2020-2023) and Five (2023-2026) will cover other important upgrades, including:
- A new practice location in our expanding service area
- Potential relocation of the Comprehensive Procedure Center (CPC)
- Maintain the Halvorson Cancer Center in its current location
- New Short Stay/Observation Unit on 1-Red
- Relocate Green/Purple/Red administrative offices
- Basement infrastructure improvements and refresh of support departments
- Inpatient Operating Room and Pre Op replacement
- Diagnostic Imaging (DI) move