Master Facilities Plan Overview
Our long-range master facilities plan is the outcome of nearly 18 months of planning.
It is designed to help ensure that the hospital is safe should a disaster occur and our physical plant and facilities support are well-equipped to provide the safest environment for our patients and staff, while also accommodating the rapid growth and increasing health care needs of our community.
The master facility plan is based on what we know today, and while changing circumstances in the coming years may cause us to adjust the specifics and timing of the plan, this long-term plan is essential to support our vision and preserve our mission.
The 10-year plan charts a course through, and perhaps beyond, 2026.
Phase One (2017 – 2018)
Accomplishments so far:
- Build-out of the 4th and 5th floors in DeYoung Pavilion to create the EvergreenHealth Neuroscience, Spine and Orthopedic Institute. Musculoskeletal and Orthopedic practices moved into the institute, forming one integrated center of excellence. The move also opened additional surgical capacity in EvergreenHealth Surgery Care Tan.
- A new 31-bed Progressive Care Unit on 5 Silver
- A new 31-bed Medical Surgical Unit on 4 Silver
- A new Kenmore facility offering primary and urgent care, lab, imaging, 3D mammography and physical therapy
Still to come in 2018:
- Conversion of 2-Purple to a secured observation/med telemetry unit, to cohort Emergency Department patients waiting for placement and other medical patients as needed.
- Plant upgrades (air handlers, generator and utility redundancy technology etc.) to support the additional capacity created by these additional spaces.
Phase Two (2019 – 2020)
The medical center's Green, Purple and Red zones are part of the original hospital built in 1972.
Phase Two will allow us to update the infrastructure using modern advances designed to withstand the seismic conditions and activity possible within the region we live, allowing us to serve our community in the safest possible environment.
- Green/Purple/Red Zone Repurposing and Infrastructure – to include seismic, mechanical and electrical systems upgrades and asbestos abatement
- Improvements and refurbishing of the Family Maternity Center on 2-Blue, with possible expansion into 5-Blue
- Relocation of the Critical Care Unit (CCU) to 3-Silver
Phases Three, Four and Five
Phases Three (2020-2022), Four (2020-2023) and Five (2023-2026) will cover other important upgrades, including:
- Expanded Cath Lab/Interventional Radiology
- Expansion of the Canyon Park practice
- A new practice location in our expanding service area
- Potential relocation of the Comprehensive Procedure Center (CPC)
- Maintain and expand the Halvorson Cancer Center in its current location
- New Short Stay/Observation Unit or OB on 1-Red
- Relocate Green/Purple/Red administrative offices
- Basement infrastructure improvements and refresh of support departments
- Inpatient Operating Room and Pre Op replacement
- Diagnostic Imaging (DI) move