LWSD Partnership with EvergreenHealth Social Workers
The Lake Washington School District (LWSD) has a partnership with EvergreenHealth to employ social workers at each of its four high schools—Eastlake, Juanita, Lake Washington and Redmond.
The social workers are on site at the high schools to provide crisis intervention, psychosocial and risk assessments, safety planning and brief interventions. They provide ongoing behavioral health support until they are able to connect students with an outside referral.
Staff and parents are also able to consult with the social workers regarding interventions, psychoeducation and community resources, and are able to assist with referrals to primary care, specialty care and mental health providers.
Please note that LWSD social workers are unable to provide counseling or therapy services. They are able to provide short term support, stabilization, assessment and referral to outside resources for long term or ongoing therapy solutions.
- Social workers are available to provide support to LWSD high school students, parents and staff every day that school is in session (M-F, excluding holidays) during regular school hours.
- To meet, contact your school’s social worker at the email address above or video message them on Teams to schedule a time.
We offer three groups for high schools students each week beginning the first week of January 2021 through April 2, 2021.
- General Support Group During the Pandemic and Virtual Schooling is led by Suzanne Campiche on Wednesdays from 2-3pm. This drop in group is available to LWSD High School students struggling with stress, anxiety, isolation, or general pandemic issues. Join via the link: General Support Group. For questions, contact Suzanne Campiche at email@example.com.
- Art During the Time of COVID-19 is led by multiple social workers on Wednesdays from 12:30-1:30pm. This drop in group is available to LWSD High School students wanting to explore their emotions through a creative outlet. Join via the link: Art Group. For questions, contact any of the LWSD social workers listed above.
- Wrap Around Support is led by Lindsay McMeins on Thursdays from 2:30-3:30pm. This drop in group is available to LWSD high school students wishing to connect with others and improve coping skills. Join via the link: Wrap Around Support . For questions, contact Lindsay McMeins as firstname.lastname@example.org.