Laughter Therapy Program
There is a growing body of research supporting the therapeutic value and health benefits of laughter. Some of these benefits are:
- Stimulation of organs, such as heart, lungs and muscles through your intake of oxygen.
- Increased production of endorphins, which are hormones that make you feel good.
- Stress reduction: Like exercise, laughter increases your heart rate and blood pressure and stimulates circulation. This results in relaxation of ones muscles and relief from many of the symptoms of stress.
- Strengthening of the immune system through the reduction of harmful stress hormones and promotion of stress reducing neuropeptides.
- Relief from pain through muscle relaxation and the production of natural painkillers.
- Promotion of social connection and reduced feelings of depression and anxiety.
Dr. Ted Brown of EvergreenHealth's Multiple Sclerosis Center talks about the value of laughter therapy for all of us: