Home Safety Program
Occupational Therapy at EvergreenHealth offers an outpatient program in the clinic for home and community safety. Our occupational therapists evaluate activities of daily living (ADLs) and higher level ADLs including fall prevention, home modifications and general home safety.
Treatment programs are designed on an individual basis to help each patient reach their highest level of independence, keep them living in their present home environment and improve their quality of life.
Specific treatments may include:
- Identification of home environment concerns: bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, living rooms and stairways
- Screen for visual changes: including visual acuity, contrast sensitivity, glare, peripheral fields, central visual field
- Evaluate and make recommendations for lighting
- Assess for Fall Risk and prevention
- Address Medication Management/systems and strategies
- Recommendations for Home modifications
- Screen for cognitive changes
- Initiate a home exercise program
- A physician referral to EvergreenHealth Outpatient Rehabilitation Services is required for evaluation.
- For more information, call us 425.899.3100 or fax us at 425.899.3670.
Ask your provider to complete and sign our referral form.