High Altitude Simulation Test
This study helps determine any need for additional oxygen use while flying or traveling to higher elevations.
You will be asked to breathe a lower concentration of oxygen for approximately 20 minutes while being monitored for low levels of oxygen, increased heart rate and or any degree of shortness of breath which may be experienced while at higher elevations.
The test takes 45 minutes.
Special Preparations: (day of test)
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment
- Bring your insurance card and any physician orders
- If already on home oxygen, be sure to wear it to appointment
- Take all medications as prescribed (unless instructed otherwise)
- Remove any nail polish (for quality pulse oximetry readings)
- Avoid rigorous exercise and smoking 4 hours prior to testing
- Wear comfortable shoes and loose clothing