When you need a primary care doctor for yourself or a loved one, choose a compassionate family practitioner at EvergreenHealth. This type of provider has wide-ranging expertise in treating people of all ages, from birth to the end of life.
Family practitioners look at your whole self. They understand that your health depends partly on where you live and what you do.
Family members affect each other’s health, too. That means you’ll get the most insightful care when you choose the same doctor for all your loved ones. You can rest assured that your privacy will be protected.
Your family medicine provider has broad medical training to care for many conditions. They have a well-rounded picture of your health, so they’re the best provider to turn to when you first have concerns about:
- Chronic conditions, such as allergies, asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, COPD and GERD
- Common illnesses, such as flu, rashes, stomachaches, headaches, back pain, bladder infections, menstrual issues and sinus problems
- Minor injuries, such as sprains, strains, and small wounds
- Developmental delays
- Mental health
- Sleep problems
- Travel counseling
Referrals to Specialists
In some cases, your family practitioner will refer you to a doctor who specializes in your condition for more care. The specialist will tell your family doctor about any tests and treatments you get. That means you’ll get coordinated care for all your needs.
Family Practice Services
Count on your family clinic for services that help prevent and treat health conditions:
- Preventive care, such as checkups, physicals and annual exams to see how you’re doing
- Newborn and pediatric care for your children
- Nutrition recommendations to help you stay healthy
- Prescriptions for medications to treat common diseases
- Reproductive health care, including birth control and tests for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Screenings, which look for signs of medical conditions before you notice symptoms
- Vaccinations to prevent serious infections