Find a long-term partner in your medical care. Choose a primary care provider (PCP) at EvergreenHealth. You'll get personal guidance from a caring advocate—an expert who listens to your concerns without judgment and answers your questions. And because we have many primary care clinics in King and Snohomish counties, you'll find a convenient location near you.
As a member of the EvergreenHealth Medical Group, your PCP is held to the highest standard of excellence, ensuring that you receive the best quality of care and service.
Why do I need a Primary Care Provider (PCP)?
Your primary care provider's clinic serves as your home base for medical care. When you see your PCP regularly over the years, they gain insight into your life that helps them make accurate diagnoses and offer the best recommendations.
Talk to them first when you have a health concern. This doctor knows you better than any other medical professional does. Your PCP may also offer some of the same services as a specialist, but in the primary care office. That saves you time and money.
Referrals to Specialists
If you need a specialist, your doctor will connect you with the best one for your situation. You'll enjoy easy access to EvergreenHealth's many specialists without having to transfer your medical records.
Count on your PCP to help coordinate all your tests and treatments, making your medical journey easier.
Types of Primary Care
Choose a primary care provider whose specialty is the best fit for you or your family members:
- Family medicine – treats people of all ages, allowing you to select a single doctor for all your loved ones. Many of our providers also offer newborn care.
- Internal medicine – offers deep expertise in medical issues that primarily affect adults
- Concierge primary care – offers longer appointments 24/7 access to your physician for a monthly fee.
In addition to office visits, our PCPs offer virtual visits for certain appointment types.
No matter what type of PCP you choose, their focus is on keeping you well. Seeing your PCP regularly when you are healthy not only helps prevent disease, but helps your PCP be better able to treat you when you are sick.
Your doctor lives and works in the same community you do, so you receive care from a trusted neighbor.
During your appointment, you may talk to other health professionals, such as:
- Medical assistant – takes you to the exam room, records your medical history, helps you prepare for tests and treatments, and answers questions about your care
- Phlebotomist – draws your blood samples to send to a lab for testing
- Imaging tech – takes x-ray scans
- Registered nurse – meets with you to teach how to manage some chronic conditions and take medications the right way
- Pharmacist services – works with your physician to help manage your chronic conditions with medication changes
At EvergreenHealth primary care clinics, you'll find a wide range of services to help you stay in your best health. Take advantage of:
- Checkups and physicals, which can catch health problems early
- Newborn and pediatric care
- Treatment for everyday injuries and illnesses
- Management of chronic conditions
- Medication management
- Vaccinations (immunizations)
- Lab tests available onsite at all primary care clinics
- Blood draws available onsite at all primary care clinics
- X-ray tests available onsite at most primary care clinics
- Ultrasound available onsite at some primary care clinics
- Reproductive health services, including pregnancy care
- Vision and hearing tests
- Behavioral health care (with referrals to specialists if needed)
When to Call Your Doctor
Call your EvergreenHealth doctor's office any time you want to discuss a health problem or ask questions. If you call outside of regular business hours, you'll talk to our helpful answering service representatives. They can connect you to a nurse or page the on-call doctor if you have an urgent need.
You can also send a secure online message to your doctor any time through the My Navigator patient portal. Look forward to a response within one or two business days.
When you make an appointment, tell us everything you'd like to talk about with your PCP. That way, we can allow enough time for your visit. Trust us to keep everything you share confidential.
To help make sure you and other patients get timely care, arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment to fill out forms.
Same-Day & Extended Appointment Times
Ask us for a same-day appointment when you need to see a doctor as soon as possible. We'll schedule you for the next available time.
If you're looking for a provider you can see outside of typical business hours, call your nearest EvergreenHealth primary care clinic. They'll tell you if any providers make appointments in the early morning, evening or Saturdays.
Ask your PCP about convenient virtual visits. You may be able to talk to your doctor by video from the comfort of home. Your provider may offer this option for appointments that don't require in-person tests or treatments.