New Entry for Laboring Women
Starting Sept. 8, there is a temporary new entry for laboring women and emergency obstetric patients as we continue with the renovation of the Family Maternity Center.
The new entry is on 2-Red
Where to park
- Park in the West parking garage, using the Emergency parking entrance from NE 130th Lane (see map).
- Park near the Emergency elevator and take the elevator to Level 1.
How to find 2-Red
- When you exit the Emergency elevator on Level 1, you'll be right outside of the Emergency Department.
- Follow the marked route to the Red elevator and take it to the 2nd floor.
- When you get to the 2nd floor, use the telephone to let our staff know you've arrived. One of our health unit coordinators will welcome you and get you checked in.
After you deliver
- After delivery and your initial recovery, you'll be taken to our Postpartum Care Unit on 5-Blue.
- Once on 5-Blue, it'll be more convenient for your support person and family members to park in our Central garage. Enter through the Blue entrance and take the Blue elevator to the 5th floor.
Thank you for your understanding
This temporary entrance will be in effect through Spring 2022, and is needed to ensure all families get a birth experience with minimal disruption from the ongoing construction.
We thank you for your understanding.