What is medication consultation?
Medication consultation is a personalized service provided by a pharmacist. You'll review your medications, discuss the reasons you are taking those medications, potential side effects, and drug interactions to help ensure safe and effective treatment.
Medication consultation is especially important if you are taking large numbers of medications to treat chronic illnesses.
Our programs is administered by EvergreenHealth Pharmacist Provider Services, clinical pharmacists who are experts in medication management.
At each visit a pharmacist will examine and discuss issues around medication use, side effects, interactions and anything else related to the medication therapy that you want and need to know.
Our goal is to ensure safe and effective treatment.
The visit may include discussion regarding the following:
- How to organize multiple medications and complex dosing instructions to optimize effectiveness and limit drug interactions.
- How to reduce or manage side effects.
- Potential drug interactions with other medications or over-the-counter supplements.
- Potential for therapeutic interchange, in which a recommendation may be made to substitute one less expensive, but equally effective, medication for a more expensive medication in order to help you reduce your cost.
- Stopping unneeded or duplicate medications.
Recommendations will be shared with your referring healthcare provider.
How to Get Started
You will need a physician referral to enroll in the medication consultation service offered by EvergreenHealth Pharmacist Provider Services.
Your visit is typically covered by insurance, but you may want to verify this coverage with your individual health plan.
Once we have received a referral from your physician, we will contact you to schedule your first appointment.
Download the referral form for a medical consultation