EvergreenHealth's Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is here to help you enhance your quality of life by:
- Improving your ability to perform routine daily tasks, such as walking, showering, housework and leaving the house to run errands
- Making you aware of triggers that make your lung disease worse
- Showing you how to deal with symptoms such as wheezing and shortness of breath
- Explaining proper use of your medications
- Planning the most effective diet for you
- Understanding when to call your doctor
The Rehabilitation Sessions
You'll attend two sessions each week. The sessions include:
- Supervised exercise
- Counseling to help with dietary changes, smoking cessation and emotional support
- Educational sessions on topics such as nutrition, breathing techniques, smoking cessation, use of medication and inhalers
Our Rehabilitation Facility
The program is held at the Cardiovascular Health and Wellness Center on EvergreenHealth's Kirkland campus.
This state-of-the-art facility has plenty of space, first rate equipment and advanced EKG telemetry monitoring that enables the recording of clinical data during exercise.
Free parking is available in the Central parking garage.
How to Join the Program
You'll need a physician referral to participate in the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program.
Download the physician referral form
Many insurance providers, including Medicare, will cover the program with an approved diagnosis of COPD, emphysema or pulmonary fibrosis. Check with your insurance provider to determine your coverage.