Funeral Home Selection
Funeral home planning involves many choices. Planning in advance gives you the opportunity to learn about options and communicate your wishes.
Please call your hospice social worker, chaplain and/or any local funeral home with questions.
For your protection when choosing a funeral home, the following information is provided by the Federal Trade Commission (consumer.ftc.gov).
Many funeral home providers offer various "packages" of goods and services for different kinds of funerals.
When you arrange for a funeral, you have the right to buy goods and services separately. That is, you do not have to accept a package that may include items you do not want.
When Making Decisions
- Research various funeral/cremation services in advance. Compare prices from at least two funeral homes. Taking this step in advance allows you to comparison shop without time constraints, creates an opportunity for family discussion, and lifts some of the burden from your family. It may also be helpful to know that you can supply your own casket or urn.
- Ask for a price list. The law requires funeral homes to give you written price lists for products and services.
- Resist pressure to buy goods and services you don’t really want or need.
- Avoid emotional overspending. It’s not necessary to have the most high end casket or the most elaborate funeral to properly honor a loved one.
- Recognize your rights. Laws regarding funerals and burials vary from state to state. It can be very useful and help guide your decisions if you know which goods or services the law requires you to purchase and which are optional.
- Apply the same smart shopping techniques you use for other major purchases. You can decrease costs by limiting the viewing to one day or one hour before the funeral, and by dressing your loved one in a favorite outfit instead of costly burial clothing.
Funeral Home and Cremation Services
To help you research funeral homes, EvergreenHealth Hospice Services offers the following list as a resource but does not endorse or suggest you use any of the organizations included.
Please call the funeral home directly to confirm the location and their services. A comprehensive list of funeral homes, including a price survey, is available online at peoplesmemorial.org.
If you would like additional assistance with funeral home planning, your hospice social worker is available to help.
- A Sacred Moment, specializing in at-home and green funerals; serving King and Snohomish counties: 425.316.8290
- American Cremation and Casket Alliance, 1.800.398.7101
- Barton’s Family Funeral Service, Seattle: 206.420.1875; Kirkland: 425.823.1900; Renton:206.329.7800
- Beck’s Funeral Home, serving south Snohomish and north King counties: 425.771.1234
- Bonney-Watson, Capitol Hill: 206.322.0013; Ballard: 206.782.4700; SeaTac: 206.242.1787; Federal Way: 253.839.7317
- Butterworth Funeral Home (Arthur A. Wright Chapel) also affiliated with Cremation Society Northwest and Queen Anne Columbarium, Seattle: 206.282.5500
- Cascade Memorial, serving King, Pierce and Snohomish counties: 425.641.6100
- Chapel of the Resurrection Mausoleum & Funeral Home, Bothell: 425.939.1332
- Columbia Funeral Home, Rainier Valley and greater Seattle area: 206. 722.1100
- Common Sense Cremation, serving Seattle, Bellevue, Bothell, Edmonds, Lynnwood, and surrounding areas: 425.984.6290
- Currow Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Sumner and Bellevue: 253.863.2800
- Dignity Memorial, Washington state: 1.800. 34.DIGNITY
- Edline-Yahn & Covington Funeral Chapel, serving Kent, Covington and surrounding areas: 253.630.2736
- Elemental Cremation & Burial, serving King, Pierce and Snohomish counties: 206.357.1141
- Evergreen Washelli, Seattle: 206.362.5200 ; Brier: 425.483.0555; Bothell: 425.486.1281; Toll free:1.800.755.1350
- Flintoffs Funeral Home and Crematory, Issaquah: 425.392.6444
- Funeral and Cremation Care of Washington, serving all areas of Washington: 1.800.764.0895
- Gilbertson Funeral Home, serving the Stanwood and Camano Island areas: 360.629.2101
- Harvey Funeral Home, serving King County and surrounding counties: 206.632.0100
- The Jewish Chapel and Cemetery, greater Seattle area: 206.725.3067
- Neptune Society, Seattle, Lynnwood, Tacoma and Spokane: 425.672.8587 or 1.877.529.4679
- People’s Memorial Association, Washington state: 206.325.0489
- Purdy and Kerr Funeral Home, Monroe: 360.794.7049
- Purdy and Walters at Floral Hills, serving King and Snohomish counties: 425.672.1800
- Rosebud Funeral Service, serving the Seattle area: 206.525.7800
- Seattle Sephardic Brotherhood, providing burial assistance to members of the Sephardic Bikur Holim and Congregation Ezra Bessaroth Synagogues and current members of the Seattle Sephardic Brotherhood: 206.344.5238
- Solie Funeral Home and Crematory, serving Everett, Snohomish and surrounding areas: 425.252.5159
- Weeks' Dryer Mortuary, serving Tacoma, Parkland and surrounding areas: 253.537.0253
- Weeks' Enumclaw Funeral Home, serving Enumclaw, Auburn and surrounding areas: 360.825.3548
- Weeks' Funeral Home, serving Buckley and surrounding areas: 360.829.1171