Sexual Assault Medical Exam
Are you, or someone you know, the victim of sexual assault or abuse? Let us help you.
Just come to our Kirkland and Redmond emergency department. We have forensic nurse examiners, with special training to help sexual assault patients, available 24/7.
Evaluation and Treatment
They will provide compassionate and culturally sensitive care, along with a comprehensive forensic evaluation and treatment, including:
- crisis intervention
- medical care for your injuries and protection from further harm
- evidence collection, documentation and preservation to enhance the ability of law enforcement agencies to prosecute
- evaluation and preventive treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- evaluation of pregnancy risk and prevention options
- referral for follow-up medical care and counseling
If you are sexually assaulted:
- come to the emergency room
- do not bathe, douche, eat or drink
- do not change your clothes
- call the police
The exam is available for victims who are 14 years and older.
Learn more about our sexual assault nurse examiners
To speak with a sexual assault nurse examiner, call one of our Emergency Departments:
Emergency Room - Kirkland 425-899-1711
Emergency Room - Redmond 425-899-1111
If you'd like general information about the EvergreenHealth Forensic Nurse Examiner program, send us an email. Please do not send personal information in this email.
Other Helpful Contacts
- Harborview Center for Sexual Assault & Traumatic Stress - 206-744-1600
- 24-hour Sexual Assault Resource Line - 1-888-99VOICE
- King County Sexual Assault Resource Center - 425-226-5062
- Vulnerable Adult Abuse - 1-866-363-4276