Diabetes Education & Nutrition
Understanding how to manage and live with your Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes is one of the most important ways to ensure that you live a long and healthy life.
Could you have diabetes?
Check the symptoms and find out how to reduce your risk.
We're here to be your partner in that journey, providing programs specific to your individual needs whether you are newly diagnosed or need some help along the way.
Accredited Diabetes Education
Our programs are taught by Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists with years of experience and extensive backgrounds in diabetes support.
They are recognized by the American Diabetes Association, so you can be assured your instruction meets a set standard of excellence.
Our Two Diabetes Education Programs
Traditional Diabetes Education Class Series
EvergreenHealth's diabetes education class series covers the fundamentals of how diabetes affects your health and offers you good advice to get you started on the road to a healthier lifestyle. Topics covered include:
- Diabetes self-management training/education
- Blood glucose meter training
- Instruction for insulin and injectable medications
- Self-management goal setting and problem solving skills
- Nutrition counseling for blood glucose control
- Training and support for insulin delivery pens, pumps
- Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) to evaluate glucose trends and patterns and suggest appropriate therapy adjustments
- Gestational diabetes education and management
What the Traditional Diabetes Class Series Includes
- 1 hour-long pre-class appointment with an RN educator, Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES)
- 1 hour-long pre-class appointment with a Registered Dietitian, Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES)
- A series of two in-person classes (2.5 hours each) (We offer morning and late afternoon classes to meet lifestyle needs.)
- Check with your insurance provider to learn how much diabetes education coverage you may have available.
- Call (425) 899-4030 to register. If you call outside of regular business hours, please leave a message and we will contact you
- Obtain a referral from your provider prior to your first appointment; we are happy to help with this when you call to register.
Intensive Type II Diabetes Management Program
This program consists of the Traditional Diabetes Education Class Series led by our Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialists plus:
Results have shown improved blood glucose control when individuals participate in our programs.
Call Diabetes Education at 425-899-4030 or Pharmacist Provider Services at 425-899-2783 to learn more.
Diabetes Education Series Schedule
March 17, 24, 2022 | 9-11:30 a.m.
April 6, 13, 2022 | 3-5:30 p.m.
April 21, 28, 2022 | 9-11:30 a.m.
May 4, 11, 2022 | 3-5:30 p.m.
May 19, 26, 2022 | 9-11:30 a.m.
June 8, 15, 2022 | 3-5:30 p.m.
June 23, 30, 2022 | 9-11:30 a.m.
July 13, 20, 2022 | 3-5:30 p.m.
August 3, 10, 2022 | 3-5:30 p.m.
August 18, 25, 2022 | 9-11:30 a.m.
September 7, 14, 2022 | 3-5:30 p.m.
September 22, 29, 2022 | 9-11:30 a.m.
October 5, 12, 2022 | 3-5:30 p.m.
October 20, 27, 2022 | 9-11:30 a.m.
November 9, 16, 2022 | 3-5:30 p.m.
December 14, 21, 2022 | 3-5:30 p.m.
Type 2 Diabetes Support Group
Our free Type 2 diabetes support group covers a new topic each month and provides an opportunity to share your successes and challenges with our diabetes experts and other group members.
Each meeting includes carbohydrate-friendly recipes to help you along your journey to good diabetes self-management.
Register online or by phone at (425) 899-3000, Monday-Friday from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
Support Group Schedule & Topics
The support group meets the first Thursday of the month.
March 2021 | 5:30-7 p.m.
Topic: Going Meatless
April 2021 | 5:30-7 p.m.
Topic: Cooking Demo: Spring Fruits and Vegetables
May 2021 | 5:30-7 p.m.
Topic: Foot Care
June 2021 | 5:30-7 p.m.
Topic: Summer Fun: Managing Blood Glucose on Vacation
September 2021 | 5:30-7 p.m.
Topic: New Technology and Blood Glucose Monitoring
October 2021 | 5:30-7 p.m.
Topic: Mental Wellness
November 2021 | 5:30-7 p.m.
Topic: Cooking Demo: Healthy Versions of Your Holiday Favorites
December 2021 | 5:30-7 p.m.
Topic: Party Planning: Action Plans for Making Healthy Choices
One-on-one sessions with our diabetes experts can provide specific education and assistance with topics such as diet, insulin dosing and giving injections.
Learn more about individual consultations
Diabetes Management for Pregnancy
We provide coaching and monitoring to help you manage your diabetes and have a relatively normal pregnancy.
Learn more about diabetes management for pregnancy
Insurance and Payment Information
Our diabetes classes are covered by most insurance providers, including Medicare and Medicaid. Please contact your insurance provider to discuss the coverage available to you.
EvergreenHealth offers resources for those without insurance coverage. Please call 425-899-4030 for information about the resources you may be eligible for.
What our participants say
“Good information, answered all of my questions.”
“Very clear and down to earth."
"Learned so much tonight."
"Excellent help and motivation to improve my health"
"Loved the goal setting exercise."