EvergreenHealth Neuroscience Institute is conducting a phase 2, randomized, placebo-controlled study to evaluate if a new investigational drug is safe and effective in improving symptoms of mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease.
Who may be eligible to participate?
- Between 55 to 85 years of age
- Have been diagnosed with mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease
- Have a reliable support person or caregiver willing to participate in study visits, report on daily activities, and oversee or help with treatment administration.
Other inclusion/exclusion criteria apply.
What does participation involve?
Total participation in this study will be approximately 8 months. This includes:
- a Screening Period of up to 28 days
- a Pre-baseline Period (to perform an initial assessment of a subject’s condition) of up to 5 days;
- a Treatment Period, including Baseline (where subjects will receive their assigned study medication) of up to 26 weeks (approximately 6 months). Investigational drug will be administered by subcutaneous (SC) injection once-daily; an
- a Post-treatment Follow-up Period (to check subjects’ overall health) of 4 weeks.
Daniel J. Burdick, MD