7:30 - 8:30 a.m. in Tan 100 unless otherwise noted.
1 Category 1 CME Credit for attending live presentation
Self-claim Category 2 Credit for watching via Webex
Recordings of Grand Rounds are available on the EvergreenHealth Physician Portal or on the EvergreenHealth Sharepoint site under Useful Links/ Grand Rounds Videos.
Dec. 14, 2018
Cardiovascular Care: Lipid and Hypertension Management
Ali Sharifian, MD and Suejing Zhou, MD EvergreenHealth Heart & Vascular Care
Meeting number (access code): 922 898 963 Meeting password: GR2018
Join by phone 1.877.668.4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• Describe and apply current lipid management guidelines
• Describe the role Coronary Computer Tomography in lipid management
• Identify alternative medicine’s role in lipid management
• Define the stages of hypertension under the new AHA/ACC 2017 guidelines and discuss indications for treatment
• Design appropriate management strategies for patients with hypertension
• Define resistant hypertension and select appropriate treatment
• List the potential secondary causes of hypertension and apply to management of patients.
All EvergreenHealth Grand Rounds are recorded, and are available on Sharepoint (under Useful Links—Grand Rounds videos) AFTER the 10th of the month following the date the Grand Rounds took place. They are also available on the Physician Portal in the following month after the presentation.
Webex Live Presentation: See dial in or websites provided for each session. When entering the Webex presentation, please be patient—presentations begin shortly after the designated start time. Turn off the camera on your computer.