Essential Tremor with Uncontrollable Hand Movement Trial
The goal of this study is to assess the safety & effectiveness of a new wrist device worn to ease common symptoms of essential tremor over a three-month period, particularly uncontrollable hand movement. The device is called Cala TWO, and is worn on the wrist, much like a fitness tracker bracelet.
Am I eligible to participate?
Eligible participants will meet the following criteria at minimum. However, we encourage you to connect with our research team to determine whether this trial is a fit for you, and to explore other trial opportunities that may align with your health goals and care plan.
- Age 22 or older
- Hand tremors due to essential tremor
- Moderate to severe hand tremors in the dominant hand
- No implanted electrical medical device, such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, or deep brain stimulator
- No previous brain surgery for the treatment of tremor
- No suspected or diagnosed epilepsy or other seizure disorder
- No implanted metal in your dominant wrist
- No nerve problems affecting the dominant hand
- No other neurodegenerative disease (e.g. Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, etc.)
- No Botox for hand tremor within 6months prior to study entry
- No participation in another interventional clinical trial within 30days of study entry
- Not pregnant or anticipating pregnancy during the course of the study
- No diagnosed alcoholism
What does participation involve?
- Attend three office visits, each lasting between 1-3 hours
- Receive two scheduled phone call check-ins from your site’s study staff
- Use the study device (an investigational, body-worn device) at home for three months to see if it may help with your hand tremor symptoms
- Participants will be compensated for their time
Trial Investigator: Pinky Agarwal, MD
If you’re interested in enrolling, please submit this brief form, and a member of our research team will contact you.
You’re also welcome to contact the research team directly at 425.899.5385 or EvergreenResearch@evergreenhealth.com. We look forward to discussing your participation and answering your questions.