Mammography is the single most effective thing you can do to make sure that if you should have breast cancer, it's detected at its earliest and most treatable stages.
At the EvergreenHealth Monroe Breast Center, we’re proud to offer 3-dimensional digital mammography imaging technology - the latest breakthrough in breast cancer detection. The 3-D digital images of the breast can spot cancers not seen by regular 2-D mammography.
Call 360.863.4654 for a mammography appointment.
The 3-D mammography difference
The screening experience is similar to that of a traditional mammogram. The only difference is the x-ray arm will move in an arc, taking multiple breast images from many angles in just seconds.
The images are then sent to a computer, which produces clear, highly focused 3-dimensional images throughout the breast.
These images allow our breast radiologists to view 1 mm slice images through the breast tissue for closer, clearer looks at any areas of suspicion, which enable them to spot cancers earlier.
The benefits of 3-D mammography
While there are many benefits to 3-D mammography, the top two benefits are:
Detecting breast cancer at its earliest stages. Since we began offering 3-D mammography, EvergreenHealth is seeing a 10% increase in detection of breast cancer that would not have been detected using 2-D mammography.
Peace of mind afforded by greater accuracy at the initial screening. With 3-D mammography, patients at EvergreenHealth experienced a 25% decrease in call-backs, resulting in greater peace of mind.
Who should have the 3-D mammogram?
3-D mammography benefits all screening mammography patients, and is considered especially appropriate for:
- Baseline, screening mammogram
- Women 40-60 years of age
- Women with dense, fibroglandular breast tissue
- Women with personal history of breast cancer
DXA bone densitometry
DXA bone densitometry is now available at the Breast Center.
The Horizon™ DXA is a powerful solution to take skeletal health to the next level with higher quality images, reduced interpretation time and improved overall patient experience.
- The Horizon DXA System generates the crisp, clear, high-resolution images needed to accurately assess bone density, fracture risk, body composition, and calcified plaque in the abdominal aorta. All during a single exam. It combines a wealth of advanced technologies that work together to give a precise picture of what’s going on inside a patient’s body.
- Providers can make informed diagnoses and treatment decisions with confidence and deliver the extraordinarily powerful care patients need to keep life in motion.
A DXA scan is recommended for all women age 50 and older.
Call 360.863.4654 for an appointment.