Complete Pulmonary Function Testing
Complete pulmonary function testing is a thorough evaluation of the respiratory system.
The test is performed in our lab, where we measure how fast and deep you can inhale and exhale as well as provide other important measurements that your physician will use in your care.
The test takes about one hour.
Special Preparations (day of test):
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to your appointment
- Be sure to bring your insurance card and any physician orders
- Avoid eating a large meal within 2 hours prior to testing
- Do not consume alcohol within 4 hours of testing
- Wear loose clothing
- If this is your first testing, for 24-48 hours prior please try to avoid using any inhaled respiratory rescue or maintenance medications such as albuterol or inhaled steroids, as you may receive some during testing.
- If this is a repeat test with EvergreenHealth Pulmonary Care, please continue to take all of your medications unless instructed otherwise.