Kirkland, Wash. – Seattle magazine recently named 34 EvergreenHealth physicians to its annual Top Doctors list, which recognizes providers who are recommended by their peers for providing high-quality care and demonstrating extensive expertise within their medical specialties.
Seattle magazine’s 19th annual Top Doctors list, which is published in the magazine’s April issue, features 397 Puget Sound-area providers across 65 specialties, ranging from pediatrics and internal medicine, to cardiology and oncology.
“We are so proud to recognize our physicians as top doctors,” said EvergreenHealth’s CEO Dr. Amy Beiter. “Each and every one of our providers demonstrates an exceptional commitment to serving our patients and families with the highest standard of care. The 34 physicians named to this year’s list exemplify EvergreenHealth’s mission to advance the health of the community with high-quality, compassionate care.”
Providers who practice in King, Kitsap, Pierce or Snohomish counties are eligible to be selected for the list. More than 534 providers from around the Puget Sound region participated in the survey from June 14, 2018 to July 14, 2018, resulting in 5,060 total nominations. The finalists were chosen based on their total number of nominations, their professional activities and an appropriate distribution of medical specialties with regard to hospital and geographical affiliation.
EvergreenHealth medical staff’s 2019 Top Doctors and their specialties are listed here in alphabetical order:
• Robert Binford, MD, Thoracic Surgery
• Maria Chong, MD, Diagnostic Radiology
• William Crenshaw, MD, Diagnostic Radiology
• Charles Drescher, MD, Gynecologic Oncology
• Farrokh Farrokhi, MD, Neurosurgery
• Brian Ferris, MD, Vascular Surgery
• Michele Frank, MD, Hematology/ Oncology
• Robin Fuchs, MD, Orthopedics
• Sujoy Ghorai, MD, Gastroenterology
• Kathleen Gibson, MD, Vascular Surgery
• Jennifer Heydt, MD, Ear, Nose and Throat
• Amy Hoing, MD, Family Medicine
• Michael Hunter, MD, Radiation Oncology
• Bart Keogh, MD , Diagnostic Radiology
• Edward Kim, MD, Cardiology
• Kathleen Lin, MD, Infertility
• James Lund, MD, Internal Medicine
• Renee Minjarez, MD, Vascular Surgery
• Daniel Nelson, MD, Pain Medicine
• David Nelson, MD, Thoracic Surgery
• Peter Nora, MD, Neurosurgery
• Bettina Paek, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
• Sanjiv Parikh, MD, Interventional Radiology
• Loryn Peterson, MD, Hand Surgery
• Harold Prow, MD, Diagnostic Radiology
• Francis Riedo, MD, Infectious Disease
• Dyan Simon, MD, Neonatology
• Lloyd Stambaugh, MD, Diagnostic Radiology
• Dan Veljovich, MD, Gynecologic Oncology
• Hope Wechkin, MD, Palliative Care
• Mitchell Weinberg, MD, Pediatrics
• Michael Weiss, MD, Allergy/ Immunology
• Karen Wells, MD, Obstetrics/ Gynecology
• Mark Zobel, MD, Diagnostic Radiology
For 19 years, Seattle magazine has turned to local physicians to recommend their colleagues for a position on the list based on who they would entrust with a loved one’s care. Physicians nominated their peers through an online survey hosted by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., an independent health care research and information company, whose physician-based team of researchers followed a rigorous selection process to nominate candidates on both regional and national levels.
For more information about EvergreenHealth and its Top Doctors, visit www.evergreenhealth.com/top-docs.
EvergreenHealth is an integrated health care system serving nearly one million residents in King and Snohomish counties with a breadth of services and programs that are among the most comprehensive in the region. Formed as a public hospital district in 1972, EvergreenHealth includes a 318-bed acute care medical center in Kirkland and a 72-bed hospital, EvergreenHealth Monroe, which is an accredited, full-service public hospital district established in 1960 in Monroe, Washington. The system also includes a network of 13 primary care practices, five urgent care centers, more than two dozen specialty care practices, and 24/7 emergency care from its Kirkland, Monroe and Redmond locations.
EvergreenHealth remains committed to its purpose to enrich the health and well-being of the community by providing clinical excellence in more than 80 specialties and through extensive community health outreach and education programs, anchored by the 24/7 EvergreenHealth Nurse Navigator & Healthline.
The health system is consistently named as one of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals and it is one of only 293 hospitals nationwide to hold a 5-Star Overall Rating from the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS). Learn more at www.evergreenhealth.com.