Zucchini Carrot Bundt Cake (or Muffins)
Recipe by Joyce Moon
Yield: 1 bundt cake or 24 muffins
- 1 cup Walnuts Toasted
- 2 cups Spelt Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 3 Eggs
- 1 ¾ cups Sugar
- 250 mL (1 cup) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Zucchini, finely grated
- ½ cup Carrots, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, mix together wet ingredients, including sugar.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour wet into dry.
- Mix together until 60-75% incorporated.
- Add zucchini and carrots to bowl and fold gently until fully incorporated. Be careful to not overmix!
- Bake for 45-50 minutes for bundt pan, or 25-30 minutes for muffins.
Nutritional Info for 1 muffin: 200 kcals, Protein 3 grams, 2 grams fat, 25 grams carbohydrate, Fiber 2 grams, Sodium 170 mg, Potassium 100 mg, Phosphorus 75 mg