Published on June 06, 2020
Watercress & Arugula Salad
Recipe modified from Food52.com
- 4 cups fresh arugula leaves, loosely packed
- 2 cups fresh watercress leaves, loosely packed
- 1 apple, medium, match-stick sliced
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons parsley leaves Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lemon tahini dressing (see recipe below)
- Trim arugula and watercress leaves, rinse and pat dry, then place greens in a salad bowl. Add in the apples, pepitas and cherries.
- Toss all ingredients with lemon tahini dressing and serve immediately.
Lemon Tahini Dressing
Makes 1-1/3 cups
- ½ cup tahini
- 2/3 to 3/4 cups water (as needed)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- ¼ cup parsley
- Black pepper to taste
- Whisk or blend all ingredients together, starting with 2/3 cup water and adding more until you reach a desired consistency.
- Dressing will keep 5 to 6 days in the refrigerator.