Published on June 16, 2020
Tuscan Kale Salad
- 4-6 cups kale, loosely packed, sliced leaves of Italian black (Lacinato, “dinosaur”, cavolo nero) midribs removed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4T extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Hot red pepper flakes to taste (about a pinch)
- 2/3 cup grated Pecorino Toscano cheese or other flavorful grating cheese such as Asiago or Parmesan
- 1/2 cup freshly made bread crumbs from lightly toasted bread
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and a generous pinch (or more to taste) of hot red pepper flakes.
- Pour over kale in serving bowl and toss well.
- Add 2/3 of the cheese and toss again.
- Let kale sit for at least 5 minutes. Add bread crumbs, toss again, and top with remaining cheese.
Recipe Source: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/RCP02206/Tuscan-Kale-Salad.html