Published on June 06, 2020
Triple “A” Salad (Avocado, Arame, and Almonds)
Recipe adapted from the Cookus Interruptus blog: http://www.cookusinterruptus.com/triple-a-salad-4136-267.html
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1/8 cup arame, soaked in 1 cup water
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 3 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup, brown rice syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roast almonds on a sheet pan for 7-10 minutes, or until fragrant. Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Wash salad greens, spin or pat dry.
- Drain arame and add to the greens.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients with a whisk or fork until incorporated in a large bowl.
- Add greens and arame. Toss to combine just before serving. Slice avocado and gently fold into salad. Garnish with almonds.