Published on June 16, 2020
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
This sauce from Allrecipes.com is good on lettuce wraps and on Chinese dumplings or noodles.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup sugar (or less, to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot chile pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pour water and vinegar into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in sugar, ginger, garlic, chile pepper, and ketchup; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch. Remove saucepan from stove to cool.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed.