Recipe by Zerrin, (2001). Give Recipe. Retrieved from: https://www.giverecipe.com/sweet-rice-porridge-recipe/
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups milk
Topping for each bowl
- 1 tablespoon orange jam
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chopped almonds
- Sliced pears
- Bring water to boil in a pot and add in the rice.
- Cook over medium low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Bring it to the lowest heat and let it simmer until the rice is tender.
- Pour in the milk and bring it to boil over medium low heat.
- Reduce the heat to the lowest and let it simmer until thickens and gets creamy.
- Share the porridge in bowls. Top with jam, cinnamon, almonds and pear. Serve warm or cold.
*NUTRITION INFORMATION: Serving Size 1 bowl. Calories per serving: 95 kcal; Total Fat 0.4 g; Cholesterol 2.5 mg; Sodium 56.3 mg; Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g; Sugars 8 g; Protein 5.1 g; Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 3%