Summer Rice Noodle Bowl
Recipe by Danielle Premo
The ideal summer meal - Fresh, filling, and a great base recipe for using your favorite summer vegetables.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 ounces soba noodles, softened in hot water
- 1 cup roasted cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced in rounds
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced in rounds
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Combine all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil with the salt. Add the soba noodles and let cook about 6 minutes, until tender. Strain from the water and rinse with cold water to prevent further cooking.
- Compose the noodle bowl with the tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, and cucumber. Then dress with the sauce.
Serves: 4 to 6