Published on June 06, 2020
Strawberry, Fennel and Arugula Salad with Cacao Nibs
Recipe by: Lindsey Johnson
Prep time: 20 mins. Total time: 20 mins.
- 4 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- ½ large fennel bulb, core removed and very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cacao nibs (or another nut)
Vanilla Bean Vinaigrette
- ¼ to ½ vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey*
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together or shake in a small jar. Taste and adjust to taste by adding more honey or salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Toss arugula with sliced strawberries and fennel. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Sprinkle liberally with cacao nibs. Add more vinaigrette if needed. Serve immediately.
- *To make this truly vegan, use agave instead of honey.