Published on June 17, 2020
Squash with Pecans and Blue Cheese
This recipe, from Food Network chef Nigella Lawson, can be made with butternut squash or pumpkin.
- 4 ½ pounds butternut squash or pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 1 cups pecans, toasted
- 1 cup crumbled Roquefort (or other blue cheese, such as gorgonzola)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Halve the squash or pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Cut away the rind and cut flesh into 1-inch cubes.
- Put squash in a roasting pan; toss with oil and leaves stripped from thyme sprigs. Roast for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove squash to a large bowl and sprinkle with pecans and cheese. Garnish with additional thyme sprigs, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.