Spring Hash With Eggs Sunny-Side Up
This recipe, from Real Simple magazine, can be served any time of the day.
2 russet potatoes, peeled and grated
1 medium zucchini, unpeeled and grated
3 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 large eggs, cooked sunny-side up
1. In a strainer placed in the sink or over a plate, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Squeeze to remove excess water. Add 3 tablespoons of the dill and toss.
2. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat.
3. Add the potato-zucchini mixture, pressing it with the back of a spatula. Season with the salt and pepper. Cook, without stirring, for 15 minutes.
4. Fold the hash in half. Cook for a few more minutes.
5. Transfer to individual plates along with the eggs. Sprinkle the hash and eggs with the remaining dill.
Makes 4 servings with 227 calories, 12 g fat, 21 g carbohydrates, 551 mg sodium, and 2 g fiber.