Shaved Sunchoke Salad with Parmesan and Arugula
This simple side salad, also from Food & Wine magazine, includes arugula. Like sunchokes, it is rich in iron and copper.
- 1 pound sunchokes
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bunch arugula, thick stems discarded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan shavings
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the sunchokes and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, very thinly slice the sunchokes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot, and parsley and toss.
- Add the arugula and half of the Parmesan shavings and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad and transfer to a platter. Scatter the remaining Parmesan shavings on top and serve.
Makes 6 servings with 234 calories, 17 g fat, 16 g carbohydrates, and 2 g fiber.