Roasted Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts
The vegetables in this recipe from Vegetarian Times magazine can be marinated a day ahead to increase the flavor of the dish, which can be served hot or room temperature.
- 1 medium cauliflower, quartered, cored and cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 cups (1 pint) Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, sliced as thin as possible
- 1 ½ tsp. chopped fresh rosemary or ½ tsp. dried, crumbled
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- ¾ tsp. coarse salt
- In large bowl, combine cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. Drizzle oil on top. Add garlic, rosemary and pepper and toss well. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spread vegetables in single layer on large baking sheet with sides. Sprinkle with salt. Roast until vegetables are crisp-tender and beginning to brown at edges, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings with 75 calories, 5 g fat, 6 g carbohydrates, 207 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, and 87% RDA of vitamin C.