Roasted Rhubarb Salad
This recipe, from Eating Well magazine, is a great source of potassium with more than 10% of the recommended daily amount.
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces fresh rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss rhubarb with sugar in a medium bowl until well coated; let stand, stirring once or twice, for about 10 minutes. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast until just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, oil, shallot, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add greens; toss to coat. Divide the greens among 4 plates. Top with the rhubarb, goat cheese (or feta), walnuts, and raisins.
Makes 4 servings with 197 calories, 12 g fat, 21 g carbohydrates, 5 g protein, 211 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, and 387 mg of potassium.