Miso Green Beans
Recipe by Danielle Premo
Hot or cold, when green beans are in season, this is one of my favorite snacks. They are delicious alone, or as an addition to salads or noodle bowls.
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso paste
- Bring the water and salt to a boil on the stove, then add the green beans and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the green beans are tender (cook longer in you like softer green beans).
- Strain the green beans in a colander and set aside.
- In the same pot the water was boiled in, add the olive oil and miso and whisk until combined. The heat left from the boiling water will help to whisk the two together easily.
- Once combined, add the cooked green beans and mix into the miso and olive oil, then serve.
Serves: 4 to 6