Quinoa, Black Bean, and Summer Squash Salad
This recipe, from food blogger Kimberly A. Morales’s “Poor Girl Eats Well” website, mixes bountiful summer vegetables with protein-rich quinoa and black beans for a one-dish meal that also makes a perfect side dish.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup chopped assorted summer squash (zucchini, pattypan, etc.)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion1 large tomato, diced
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup fresh key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing by vigorously whisking together the last five ingredients in a small bowl until completely combined.Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, beans, squash,tomato, and onion and toss together.
- Pour the dressing into the salad and mix well.Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to let the flavors incorporate.
Makes 4 servings with 147 calories, 8 g fa