Published on June 14, 2020
Pecan Date Bon Bons
Recipe by: Bastyr.edu
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 2 tsp orange zest (use more, if desired)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp white miso (double amount, if desired)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Place pecans on a cookie sheet and bake/toast for about 10 minutes, until they begin to give off aroma.
- Put all ingredients except coconut in food processor. Pulse until you have an even mealy texture.
- With moist hands, roll the mixture into 1-inch balls. Spread coconut on a plate and roll each ball in the coconut, covering each one evenly.
- Serve with orange slices from the orange you zested.