Published on June 17, 2020
Parmesan & Almond Crusted Oven-Fried Chicken
- 1 tablespoon finely ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3/4c almond flour
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg white
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first six ingredients (through cheese) in a shallow dish. Combine buttermilk and egg white in a separate shallow dish. Dip chicken in buttermilk and egg mixture; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Recipe has been modified from its original source: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/parmesan-pine-nut-chicken-50400000133639/