Published on June 05, 2020
Nutty Brown-Rice Tabbouleh
Recipe by Kelsey Perusse. *modified from Food&Wine.com
- 1 cup brown basmati rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup salted toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spread the pine nuts on a baking sheet and toast until golden, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil with the lemon juice. Add the rice, cherries, pine nuts, parsley, cilantro, mint, sunflower seeds and tomatoes to the dressing.
- Toss well, season with salt and pepper and serve.