Napa Cabbage Slaw with Toasted Almonds
Original recipe by Cynthia Lair for Cookus Interruptus. Copyright @ 2009. http://cookusinterruptus.com/asian-noodle-salad-with-toasted-sesame-dressing-4136-57.html
Cabbage is amazing – it prevents cancer and heals wounds. No kidding.
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
- 1/3 cup raw almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- ½ napa cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced (~ 4 cups)
- 2 scallions, chopped fine
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- To toast almonds, place whole almonds in a baking pan and toast in a 300-325 degree F. oven for 10-15 minutes. Until the color begins to darken and they give off a rich nutty aroma.
- Combine lime juice, vinegar, tamari, sugar, oils and salt in a salad bowl. Whisk to incorporate.
- Prepare vegetables and chop almonds. Put in bowl and toss gently until mixed with dressing.